So You Like to Paddle?
13 MORE REASONS TALLAHASSEE IS A GREAT PLACE TO LIVE
Tallahassee is located close to 5 rivers and 20 lakes and getting to the coastline is an easy drive. There are definitely plenty of places to explore! Out on the water you have the opportunity to see north Florida’s nature at its best. Several paddling trails offer adventure and fun for paddlers of all ages.
13 Local Paddling Trails
- Apalachicola River Paddling Trail
- Aucilla River Paddling Trail
- Big Bend Saltwater Paddling Trail
- Chipola River Paddling Trail
- Florida Circumnavigational Saltwater Paddling Rail 4th Segment
- Florida Circumnavigational Salwater Paddling Trail 5th Segment
- Lafayette Passage Paddling Rail
- Ochlocknee River Paddling Trail
- Sopchoppy River Paddling Trail
- Wacissa River Canoe Trail
- Wakulla Canoe Trail
- St Marks River/Refuge
- Blackwater Canoe Trail
If you aren’t sure how to begin, there are local outfitters that rent kayaks and canoes, offer instruction and guided trips!